Thursday, April 27, 2017

I bought a violin the other day...


So I had a little too much to drink the other week, and I got to talking with Tyler about how I've always wanted to learn to play the violin - especially after seeing Lindsey Stirling in concert twice.

Since I had some money for leisure hanging out in my bank account, I decided to purchase a student violin off eBay.

It's from mendini, and came with extra strings, rosin, and a really nice case. I've only messed with it a bit but Tyler helped me tune it up so it's mostly ready to play.

There are some great tutorials on YouTube for beginners, so once work stress settles down I'll start learning in earnest.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey is amazing! Good luck and have fun! Music is meant to be good for the soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm already running into a million and one things that need troubleshooting, but the learning is good.

      Delete