Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Monday in March...



I can't, for the life of me, understand people who STILL think climate change is a hoax. Yesterday, March 6th of 2017, a tornado swept through a chunk of Minnesota - doing damage to trees, roads, and houses. It's the earliest recorded tornado in Minnesota history. We normally don't get tornado producing storms until late May or June.

Yesterday, it was 65 degrees and super humid. Today, it's 30 degrees and there's snow on the ground. If you think a 30 degree temperate drop in less than 24 hours is "normal" you need a reality check.

When they say March comes in a lion, this is not what they meant!

But I digress. How are you, fair readers? I hope all has been well in your realms and hearts. 

All kinds of things are falling apart in my realm. A member of my rather extended friend group died recently. Our vehicle is having problems - either the motor mount is coming loose or we have front axle problems. Things are crazy at my job and I'm still stuck proctoring oral exams - but at least I'm getting the hang of it now.

Some things are also falling into place. I now have internet under my name and access to pretty much any xfinity wifi hot spot in town. The electric bill is a lot lower now that the bulk of winter is over. I've started doing to basic yoga again to loosen up the body I've been neglecting for months. I'm even in the process of upgrading to a smartphone.

The normal ebb and flow of life it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Summer here was unbearably hot! I don't know how I'll survive as global warming gets worse! And seas will rise, people's homes will flood... its scary!

    Hope everything goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Not only will the ocean levels rise, but stuff IN the ocean like fish and seaweed and coral will start dying off too. If the polar ice caps melt, a lot of norther critters will die too. It's a really sad situation and something global politics need to take seriously!

      Delete