Friday, May 6, 2016

Shall I call this a flat tire or...?

I've been in correspondence with the school I'm trying to apply at, and according to them, even if I applied as a Freshman student, they would still require my transcripts from my previous college. State regulations and all that, their hands are kind of tied and I understand that. But it puts me in a real bind, because even though I'm reaching out to my former university and trying to get more information from them about the money I owe, they're not responding. So I'm stressed. So I'm anxious. And I've been crying a bit....because it feels really hopeless.

Someone suggested crowdfunding to me, and while I have a GoFundMe page, I have recently come to find out that not only do they take a ridiculous percentage off each donation they're also quite racist and bigoted...so I've ceased using them and actually made a YouCaring fundraiser centered specifically around my college dilemma.

https://www.youcaring.com/michaela-osiecki-566305

So there's the link to it, feel free to pass it around. Even though I'm pretty desperate, begging still feels really awful....and I'm not optimistic things will work out in time. Ugh. >_<

Since the weather was finally cooperative today, we managed to get some work done on our mobile dwelling. It rained so much last week that we were given a grace period in order to get our stuff moved out and on our way. So here's where we're at now:


Last week, all the current members of the household banded together to get a sleeping platform assembled. The actual platform part already existed but we purchased the cedar 4x4 and had it cut into 15" pieces for legs. So now we have a bed AND storage space underneath.


Today, we started packing some of our boxes (full of things like books and music) underneath. We have an old piece of carpet on the truck bed floor for warm and to keep things from sliding around too much.


The platform itself is almost level with the joint where the pickup bed meets the camper shell, which gives us just enough space to wiggle in on top of the thing, but plenty of room to lay down and sleep. We'll just have to make sure we don't try to sit up fully in the mornings.


Here's my partner, Tyler, trying to figure out how he's going to fit his keyboards in there....



He had to crawl all the way underneath and place his musical instruments up against the cab, but he managed to fit everything in there snugly enough. Tomorrow we'll get back on it fitting in more boxes and figuring the stuff out. Wish us luck on that front!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck fitting your stuff! That is frustrating news with the funding and university.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating, but I'm hoping something works out. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete