1. Have you seen Mean Girls? They wear pink on Wednesday's, you know. Basic Bitch.
2. In line at Starbucks, group of girls are instagramming their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Basic Bitch.
3. Lauren Conrad, and anyone who adores or tries to emulate her. Totally basic.
4. Some of Youtube's most popular beauty gurus are basic bitches - Bethany Mota, Evelina, Michelle Phan, etc.
5. That girl you knew in college who always wore her UGG boots with Victoria's Secret Pink sweatpants and had ZERO personality - that's your basic bitch.
So I got to thinking: is there some kind of equivalent to the basic bitch in the Goth scene? There is and I call it: The Natural Goth. For this person, Goth is the end all, be all of their being - everything about them is Goth. Stereotypically or not.
It's kind of related to the Gothier-than-thou type, but not quite. For the Natural Goth it isn't about being more Goth than someone else, but making sure they're Goth Enough for everyone in the scene.
Do you know someone like this? Were you someone like this back in the day?
How do you recognize the Natural Goth:
☠ Their tumblr is full of strobe light gifs of horror movie scenes or candles blowing out.
☠ They constantly complain about how Hot Topic used to be so Goth and what happened?
☠ They hiss at basic bitches they pass in the street - because it makes them seem so scary!
☠ All black. Everyday. Black hair. Black eyeballs. Black lips and teeth....the more, the better.
☠ Constantly telling everyone how Goth they are because they listen to *insert goth band name here* all the time
☠ They're always telling others how the Goth scene got started, like they were there back in the day.
☠ They subscribe to some alternative religion, like Wicca or Satanism, for more Goth cred. Jesus Christ is too mainstream, after all.
☠ They only read "Goth" friendly books or magazines. Same goes for television and movies.
☠ You never see them in anything other than Whitby Goth worthy style. All Goth all the time. Even if it's 90+ degrees outside.
I'm not saying that being a Natural Goth is a bad thing - it's totally fine if this is just how a person is, naturally. It can be a little annoying sometimes, just like the basic bitch, but essentially they serve as avatars for the community and as long as they're taking it seriously and not parading around like a Mall Goth, then what's the issue?
Disclaimer: The post was purely for fun, not meant to be offensive. If we can't poke at and laugh at each other once in a while, we're a really gloomy bunch.