Sunday, August 31, 2014

Life Happens

I've been getting serious about writing again. I'm working on a new novel - Spirit Stepping, which is a paranormal tale with a hint of romance. I'm actually hoping to complete it before November because....dun dun DUN! I'm going to partake in NaNoWriMo! This will be my first year doing it officially, I even signed up on the website.



Problem is....I have NO CLUE what to write. Maybe a sequel Spirit Stepping. I kind of want to make it a trilogy, after all. And it will be fresh in my mind - the characters and such. Good idea? Yes or No?

In other news, the last day of August is proving to be a tumultuous one. For the latter part of the week, forecasters have been saying that today is going to be rife with severe weather and just taking in the unstable atmosphere right now - I believe it. There's this HUGE line of stormy crap coming up from Kansas and the Dakotas, it'll probably get here in another few hours. Probability of large hail and tornadoes is high. Joy.

I don't mind storms. Hell, I rather enjoy them. But not when they have the potential to tear apart Mom's little mobile home and violently destroy my stuff and kill my family/cats. So suffice to say, I'm a little nervous about the squall racing across state lines.

You guys get any crazy weather? How do you usually deal?


4 comments:

  1. Ah! I might actually be able to do NaNoWriMo this year. Thanks for reminding me :D
    Crazy weather here usually entails the backyard flooding so I pull on gumboots and find buckets :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with NaNoWriMo and your other novel, it sounds amazing! 'Spirit Stepping' is an epic title :)

    Hope the weather isn't as bad as you expect:/ It's usually pretty calm over in Northern Europe so tornadoes... gulp...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you don't know what you are going to do, NaNo is a great exercise. The novel I worked on last NaNo isn't the one I am currently working on but it was great practice trying to exceed the daily wordcount! I am writing at the moment too, not every day, but trying to keep it flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NaNoWriMo sounds fun, but I can't write (pretty sure everyone here knows that xD).

    Besides that, have you heard of a writing site called Wattpad? One of my friends uses it. Just a suggestion if you're trying to get your stories across people.

    ReplyDelete