Monday, April 7, 2014

WINTER IS COMING

Dun Dun DUNNNNN!



So the boy and I went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Saturday night. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a huge fan of Captain America - he's the most 'vanilla' as far as the Avengers go and I'm admittedly part of Loki's army so maybe there's a bit of bias there; BUT I totally enjoyed this film. 

And it makes me really glad that I recently made the decision to view the first Captain America film otherwise I'm sure I'd have been completely lost. 



So you've got your standard line-up of characters: Nick Fury is still full of sass, Black Widow is still a redhead, and Steve is slowly adjusting to the modern world, via some internet usage. The new guy is Sam - aka The Falcon. And of course the villain- The Winter Soldier.

I never read any of the Captain America comics, otherwise I might have known who this guy was from the beginning, but as it stands I'm still a bit new to the fandom and I had no clue. So when the soldier's face is revealed and Steve does this dramatic "No Way!" thing, so did I!



I enjoyed it. I think I might be a Winter Soldier fan girl now too - what an awesome character. Damned horrific back-story, but awesome. If you like the Marvel films, give this one a go. The action is pretty spectacular. There's a political scandal and intrigue galore. HYDRA has more than one head. And Fury ditches the eye patch. Seriously....

Rating: 8.5/10



1 comment:

  1. I would love to see this movie. Me and my son are Avenger fans and Captain America in particular. I loved the dieselpunk easthetics in the first movie.

    ReplyDelete