Lost Girl is a SyFy series about a Succubus new to the Fae world and her exploits in it. Her sidekick, Kenzi, is a rather impish little human girl with some pretty fantastic fashion.
Known for her dark hair and thick rimmed eyes, Kenzi is the show's quintessential Goth girl with attitude. She has a fetish for sexy footwear and almost always sports fishnet somewhere on her person. She's also quite the fan of the ever-so-sketchy Hot Topic corset top.
I'm absolutely in love with Kenzi and it doesn't hurt that I want to borrow literally every item in her closet (even if her choice of footwear would do me some serious harm), so in the spirit of playing some really fun dress up, I'm gonna break it down in case you want to emulate her quirky style too!
1. Long hair/Thick fringe - While Kenzi does sport a variety of hair styles (and colors thanks to her wig collection), her signature style is long black hair with a blunt fringe. This is not something I can currently pull off being that I'm rocking a pixie these days, but you can easily pick up a cheap black wig with bangs and stick some colored extensions in it for that Kenzi crazy pop.
2. Black, black eyeliner - Kenzi tends to go pretty light on the eye shadow, at most I see her rocking a silvery smoky eye, but she really amps it up with the thick eyeliner. Done up in a cat eye shape without the harsh wing, her makeup is suitable for just about every eye type. Keep it close to the lash line on the bottom though, it's dark but it's NOT raccoon eyes!
3. Layers - start with a sheer lace or fishnet top and pair with a fitted tank top or t-shirt. Then place a cool jacket or corset style (underbust maybe) top over that. Kenzi's also fond of thick belts that wrap around her waist if that suits you better. I know it does for me! DON'T forget to slick a pair of arm warmers or sleeves over your forearms.
4. Kenzi adores her shoes. She's especially into chunky heeled boots with buckles or straps - like most Goth girls. Chances are high that you're current collection will fit into Kenzi style just fine.
5. Colored jeans - Kenzi seems to like colored pants - when she wears them. Dark purple, bright magenta, royal blue - it's all good. If they've got zippers or are paired with a trippy belt, even better.
6. Attitude! - If there's one thing Kenzi is known for in Lost Girl, it's her peppy attitude and street smarts. Girl's got a wicked tongue and a dirty sense of humor. And no filter! So smile, joke around, have fun with being yourself and make everyone think you're awesome. That's the Kenzi way. :)