Monday, February 24, 2014

Date at the MoA


On Sunday, the boy and I took a drive down to Mall of America to see Bill Nye speak/demo some cool gadgets. It was pretty crowded there, so we didn't get to see much of the show but we did have a nice dinner and stroll.

It was my first time eating at Ruby Tuesday's and I think it might be my new favorite diner. Spicy Fish Tacos and the salad bar, an apple cider fizzy drink, and plenty of people-watching made for a really good lunch. 

We also probably perused all four floors of expensive, useless, and bizarre shops, but there are a few I stopped in and one I actually bought stuff in. ^_^ Ragstock is always my go-to shop when I visit the mall. It's eclectic and wacky - full of vintage items and quirky hipster stuff. 

So I bought a couple of really neat dresses, perfect for summer.



I'm especially excited to wear the egyptian print dress - it's super cute.

I managed to not have a panic attack, which was a big step for me. Big crowds of people and lots of chaos will usually do me in after about twenty minutes, but that day I was completely fine. Maybe it was because I had enough sleep, maybe it was because dinner was excellent, maybe it was because the sun was shining - I don't know.

But I had a good time. :)

2 comments:

  1. We have a place called Ruby Tuesday's nearby us, but it is terrible and overpriced, so nice to hear yours is good, ha ha.

    I know I have pretty much given up looking in most non-secondhand shops! They are full of fluoros that assult my eyes and clothes that are too short and low cut for me! Glad you found some nice stuff, vintage shops are great!

    ReplyDelete