20. How Satisfied I Am With My Current Wardrobe
I think there's a problem when you take a glance into your closet and all you can come up with is a "What am I going to wear now...?" Right now, my wardrobe is a hodge-podge of stuff and styles that, frankly, just don't match. I have a solid chunk of poofy Lolita things taking up one half and the rest is all a jumble of sheer black blouses, tank tops, jeans, maxi dresses, skirts, and socks that don't seem to go with any particular outfit. Nevermind that I seem to acquire new shoes regularly that I can't seem to make work with any one style or another.
Finding an outfit for the day is a battle of wits, it seems. Okay, I can wear this top with this cardigan and oh dear, is it too cold for a skirt? Where are my jeans? Maybe leggings, but I don't have any in that color....No, but I really want to wear those boots too and this simply doesn't match and....
Do you see where I'm going? I used to love saying that my wardrobe was eclectic, but that's really just a fancy way of saying that absolutely nothing goes together and while some days that doesn't really bother me, lately it has. I want to be able to get up at 7:30 am and throw together a fabulous (but comfortable) outfit in less than fifteen. If most of my pieces simply don't work together, this is an impossibility. I'm really beginning to see the brilliance in owning all black, how simple that must be. But even those people will complain about their blacks clashing - this one has a red undertone and this one looks blue in the right light.....damn.
So is it even possible to be really satisfied with the garments currently comprising your wardrobe? I'm not sure. I know that if I had the funds and the means, I would do a whole closet overhaul and I know exactly what sort of items I would add or make basic.
1. Lots of black leggings, simple black skirts, and numerous black tank tops.
2. A variety of cardigans, some of that fit nicely over tanks and others that are roamy enough to slide over a blouse or long sleeves.
3. More socks.....and a bigger variety.
4. Lots of long sleeved tops - it's pretty cold here in Minnesota on a regular basis.
5. And then finally some accessories that go with everything I like and own - cameos, skull rings, ravens and owls, black feathers, tea party paraphernalia, and lace.