Tuesday, December 10, 2013

( つ﹏╰)



Hey guys! So it's been a long time since I've done a super personal update kind of post and I figure with the upcoming holidays and possible lack of computer/internet connection looming I would go ahead and just fill you in now. 

Fall semester 2013 is finally wrapping up and I couldn't be happier. This was my worst semester yet (and topping last spring was no easy feat if any of you remember that...) and I'm so ready for it to be over and to move on and conquer new stuff. It's crazy to think that it's actually been weeks since I've regularly attended any of my classes. Yeah, it's pretty bad. But I'm working with some of my professors on taking incompletes for their courses and making it up next term. It'll be a lot of work but I'm hoping to get my shit under control during the winter holidays.

I'll have some time to relax and unwind, visit my doctor and deal with medication issues, and maybe do a bit of writing to help get the bad stuff out and into a place where I can face it down and kill it. Some days it feels like I'll never really conquer my depression/anxiety but I'm going to keep fighting and trying to make myself a better and more well adjusted individual. If I want to get anywhere in life that doesn't involve a padded room and color crayons, I have to do this. Not that a padded room sounds...terrible. But a waning imagination won't sustain me for long.

So this is what I do. I stay up late to watch talk shows, drink all the caffeinated beverages in the house, and then stay up later whilst watching Youtube videos and pretending the outside world doesn't exist. Sleep comes sporadically if at all and I am constantly in companionship with red and irritated eyeballs. Overall it's not a good situation and I really need to fix it. I'm working on it. I just need this year to end and 2014 to sweep away all the horrible shit I got myself into.

With that in mind, I guess I'm making some resolutions for the New Year:

1. Sort out my medication issues.
2. Keep up a daily yoga and meditation practice.
3. Get more exercise and eat better.
4. Sleep!
5. Stay on top of my studies.

1 comment: