Monday, April 8, 2013

† Today it gets personal †

Today is not a good day.

It seems like everything's converging into a major breaking point and I'm not sure where to go from here. Today I got an email from my Creative Writing professor saying I had missed too many class periods and had failed his class. There's really nothing I can do - I can't even use depression or anxiety as leverage anymore. 

I'm having a tough time completing an "incomplete" from last semester, so if I can't get that resolved by the end of the month that'll make two classes I officially failed. Financial Aid is gonna love me, aren't they? They might even drop me and I'll have NO HELP paying for school.

I just....don't know what to do now.

I want to curl up into a ball and die for a couple of years. Maybe when I reemerge I'll be able to deal with the world again....

6 comments:

  1. That really sucks! I remember when I was still in school, the tuition fees were terrible, I had to work 2 part time jobs during my session and I spend my summers working 2 full time jobs and a part time job on top. Plus some cheap babysitting, modelling, yoga instructor gigs. I was completely drained and my meds were not working for me at the time. It's was hell.

    But hang it there, it eventually gets somewhat better, easier or you go on zombie mode and just stop caring about the world until your done with school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried talking to your professor face to face? Maybe he'll be more understanding :/
    I don't know how university works in America, but can't you take the final exam anyway even if you didn't attend all of the lessons? Here you can do it, professors give you a different amount of work and you can take the exam all the same. Is that an option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that's an option. The English department at my school has a policy that states if you miss so many classes you automatically fail. I guess it's their way of helping to ensure people actually show up to class.

      I have talked to my professors about this sort of thing before and they can only work with me so much.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry, that sucks. I guess all you can do now is doing your best to not fail the other exam.
      By the way I never got this thing of "having" to attend all of the lessons, I mean, what if I am able to study on my own and to perfectly understand everything and I don't need to hear the lesson?

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling so great at the moment, uni is tough for everyone and bits of it are tougher than others.

    It sounds to me like you should still be able to use your depression and anxiety as a reason for 'mitigation' or 'extenuating circumstances' or whatever it is called at your school, simply because your workload is higher this year because of the incomplete from last year.

    Is there any academic support or counselling services available on campus that could help you/intervene with the English department on your behalf?

    Good luck m'dear! If there is anything I can do to help (like proofreading an essay or listening to you rant) then please don't hesitate to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! Is there any way you can still drop either of the classes? I was able to do that with a few of my classes at my school.

    ReplyDelete