Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hey, baby!


You know what I love about the cold months of Autumn and Winter? Bundling up and packing away any and all physical "assets". This is the only time out of the year when I am not cat-called on a regular basis. Finally, I can slip into a cozy pea coat, tug on some warm sweat pants (without feeling too hick) and kick on my boots. Once I go out in an ensemble like this, I'm invisible.

I've talked to other girls who experience the same thing. Guys are much less likely to screech at a woman across the street if she's all bundled up in a poofy coat and a scarf. I wore my new winter coat this week and despite it being of a feminine cute and featuring a ruffled hem, not a word was cast my direction. It was blissful.

Makes me long for prolonged coldness and a permanent departure from the unbearable summer months of short shorts and exposed cleavage. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Last summer my head was about to explode from all the stares and cat calling and harassment. I was bursting with hate.
    But we shouldn't be happy to be all wrapped in clothing so that jerks stop bothering us: I should be happy to wear my fishnet stockings and my tutu, and they should definitely stop with the harassment. I have the right to expose my cleavage and my legs without having to face this assholes all the time.

    ReplyDelete