Monday, September 17, 2012

I've caught the death...


It started as a mildly irritating sore throat last Thursday. 

By Friday it had progressed to full on throat pain and the sniffles. It kept me bed ridden a good chunk of the day, with a side of nausea. That didn't stop me from traipsing about later at the mall with Katie, where I bought some nifty jewelry, some Halloween decor for the bedroom and found a top I REALLY want from Hot Topic. (of all places)


On Saturday my respiratory system was under complete attack. I had a hard time breathing, alternating between blowing my brains out my nostrils and having them so stuffed up nothing could penetrate, not even oxygen. I was also developing a dry cough by evening.

I still helped Mom outside with the siding and caulking in the back edge of our home. I also helped the boys prime a few of the new steps we're putting together out front. 

Sunday was more of the same, only more sneezing, more drippy nose attacks, and phlegmy coughing. I did not leave the house without a handkerchief. Today I've got a mild fever, a nasty cough, and I sneeze about five seconds. I feel miserable.

But I'm going to shoulder on as best I can. There's a lot to do this week and plenty more planned for the weekend. JP Network is doing a Twin Cities' trip on Saturday. I have volunteer hours (for realz now) on Friday, and depending on how well I feel I may skip over to the Lolita Apple-Picking Meet on Sunday with Tessa. We'll see.

So for now, I'm gonna eat up, have some booze, watch a movie and try to feel human again. Laterz 

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! Take care of yourself, drink peppermint tea with honey for the sore throat and have some chocolate for the endorphins.

    ReplyDelete