Monday, September 10, 2012

Awesome Movies are Awesome

So in between bouts of Japanese homework, Sociology readings, tea, and copious amounts of showers...I've been watching films. And I rarely ever sit down just to enjoy a film. Certainly not by myself either.

Last night I watched Tank Girl.


Super fun film from the early 90's based on a comic by the same name. If you haven't seen it, I suggest definitely checking it out. It's definitely not what you'll expect and Lori Petty's character Rebecca is a hoot, no lie!

Tonight, I watched The Crow:


It's kind of cult classic in the Goth scene, to the point where it's become the ultimate cliche, but frankly I still love it. It's well made, the score is fantastic, and some of the scenes really are moving. And I find myself relating to Sarah a lot as well.

I'm really not sure what all I want to keep watching though. I'm somewhat limited in my choices, as I don't own a lot of DVDs and Netflix typically has....shit.

On my list though:
Beetlejuice (again)
Subspecies
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Spirited Away
Bon Cop, Bad Cop
The Phantom of the Opera
The Mummy 1 & 2
Ten Things I Hate About You
Dark Knight

Any other suggestions?

4 comments: