Saturday, August 25, 2012

International Bat Night


I love bats. I think they're adorable and since they "nom" up so many of those pesky night insects (I'm looking at YOU, mosquitoes) they're also terribly useful to have around. So when I discovered it was International Bat Night - I was ecstatic!


Meet Lil' Drac. He was abandoned by his mother due to unfortunate circumstances and was hand raised at a  sanctuary for bats. Now, that sounds like a place I'd like to volunteer at!

To commemorate Bat Night, I'm also going to post more bat-related things. Some of them I'll even provide links so you can find them and perhaps buy them yourself!





For more information about bats and what they do for our world, visit 


2 comments:

  1. I really like bats, when I was a kid a lady who rescued native bats lived down the road from us, and I got to pat a fruit bat once. I would love to do something like this, but- I'm not sure if you have it where you live- around where I live they have bacteria or something they can pass to humans which can make you very ill unless you can afford the inoculations which are expensive. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I want those clothes pegs!
    I love bats, they're such little cuties :D

    ReplyDelete