Friday, July 20, 2012

A Sunny Afternoon

I have never been quite so bored.



Here I am, hanging out at my boyfriend's house. Locked alone in the basement with my cat. Who is visiting my boyfriend's house and needs constant supervision. I'm hungry, I think. A bit dehydrated. My shoulder is really stiff from just sitting in front of a computer all day and I'm developing a migraine. Boredom is really, really not good for me.

*after a brief intermission*

Well, I allowed my kitty to cuddle with me in front of the window for a bit and then I gave into my body's subtle demands for food. Not that I'm doing too well - I grabbed a can of Pepsi and some potato chips. It just feels weird to break out the pots and pans in someone else's kitchen. I've done it here before, but that's mostly to fix the boy and I something. Never just for myself....too weird.

So I'll be content to snack until the boy returns from work. 

Speaking of kitchens...the local dollar store here is selling some SUPER cute bright green cooking utensils. I'm nabbing as many as I can so I can have my own "theme" in the dorm apartment I'm moving into August 18th. I mean, granted I'm gonna have to share this kitchen but I have a feeling I'll be getting the most use out of it and so I'm going to establish it as my domain right from the get-go. Maybe I'll bake my new roomies some cookies while we set the house rules. They say a way to a guy's heart is with food, but I say it works equally well in cementing civilities among females as well.

Tomorrow is my cousin's high school graduation party. Do they even DO THOSE outside of the United States? Goodness, I hope not. Pointless affairs, really. All your relatives (and friends) show up to congratulate you on sailing through the easiest curriculum in the world, maybe give you a few dollars and a card, but mostly hang around to eat free food. You can't have a social gathering here in the states without enough food to feed an army. 

To prove my point, I'm gonna take photos tomorrow of all the food my aunt will have laid out. BBQ chicken, potato salad, baked beans, casseroles, veggies, fruit, pies, dessert squares, ect. It's massive. And all for a bunch of people who aren't really going to care about the effort made either...

I didn't want a grad party, myself. But my mom still threw one anyways.  I think, maybe....20 people showed up. For my cousin's the estimate is about 85. That's ridiculous. When I graduated I didn't even KNOW 85 people. 

Anyways, I suppose I'll conclude my rant here. Stay tuned for more tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment