Monday, December 19, 2011

When the Dust Settles...

It's Monday evening. I'm sitting in the living room with my laptop upon a TV tray. A Perfect Circle is playing on Youtube, providing a nice lull for me to settle in and grind this entry out. I'm exhausted. My eyes hurt. But there's no rest for the wicked.

Finals are over. And with it my first semester of college. I thought I would feel relieved to just have it over. But I'm always melancholy when a chapter of my life closes. My delightful roommate is gone now. My classes are over. My friends seem to be lost in that chapter and now I'm just drifting alone in the ether. I feel kind of ...empty. I don't like endings. That's why I never finish any of my stories.

On Saturday, Chris and I drove to a bistro-cafe called Pardon My French in Eagan. That's where the holiday themed Lolita meetup was going down. I was actually excited for this one, but it went more awry than the Halloween meetup did. There was no real sense of organization and I felt...neglected. Again. I'm afraid I don't have anything in common with these people.

Chris wasn't thrilled with the event either and since he wasn't feeling good to begin with, we ducked out early. Again. As it was, the person who received my name for the Secret Santa drawing had only just arrived as we were leaving. I, of course, knew nothing. Now I have no gift. I did give the items I bought to Tessa and she seemed happy with them, so thank goodness for little blessings.



This is what I wore for the Meetup. I'm quite happy with it. It was elegant and comfortable. My hair turned out fantastic....finally. Vampire Red from Manic Panic is the way to go for sure...

On Sunday we went out to dinner with Chris's family for a late birthday celebration. He turned 23 on Tuesday so yeah, we needed to do something. We ended up going to Red Lobster. I haven't been there for years and I was looking forward to some of the thing I remembered. Just as luck would have it, they completely changed their menu and I honestly couldn't think of anything there I actually wanted to eat...v_v

Oh well.




This is what I wore for the dinner event. I'm quite in love with my hair. I gathered it all up, twisted it up to one side and secured it there with some claw clips. Add a festive little headband and voila! This is also my newest dress from Bodyline, which I love, since it reminds me a bit of Beetlejuice! <3

Anyways....now it's Monday and I'm completely burnt out. I spent most of today in my footie pajamas watching movies. I finally got some laundry done and decided to think about my numerous sewing projects, but I'm sure I won't do much more until tomorrow.

Chris will be here soon....so tata!

3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic with the darker red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, you look splendid, and dyeing your actual hair half-and-half is pretty darn cool :D

    ReplyDelete