Thursday, November 10, 2011

*Prick*...and here comes the blood.

At about 1:05 pm I scampered off over to the Miller Center (library) bus stop to take the metro bus here in St. Cloud for the first time. I rode to the transit center and caught Pantown over to Biolife - the plasma donation center. I had to walk a few blocks from the stop and boy, did I walk fast. It's so cold outside today. >_<


Anyways, when I got there, they got me all set up with their computer systems and made me a file. I was weighed and given a blood pressure test. My heart rate was a little high, but that's because I'd just booked it from a few blocks away. The nurse was going to check it again after she tested my blood, but in the end she didn't have to.


My iron levels were good enough, but my protein levels were too high. Seriously? I hardly even eat meat and my protein levels were high. I'm blaming my multivitamin. I won't take it before an appointment from now on. Urgh. So basically I got entered in the system and had my finger pricked. My only souvenir from my little jaunt across town?





This little bruise on my finger. And it hurts like a bitch too, I can barely hit the keys without wincing. >_< Maybe that's a good indication I should stop writing hmm?


But before I go, here's a photo of how faded out my hair is now:


If I look dead, it's because I'm tired, cold, and really hungry. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. You don't look dead, you look cute! ^_^ Hearing (or reading, in this case) people talk about their experiences at biolife always makes me squeamish. I am such a baby. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ I still think that your heair looks great. :) And ugh, bruising on your finger? That has to be annoying. Hopefully it´ll reabsorb soon.

    ReplyDelete