Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Preparing for Finals


It's the advent of finals week! Run for your lives!

But seriously, you can tell finals week is approaching just by looking at the dark circles under my eyes. If I wasn't sleeping very well before, I'm not sleeping at all these days. I think it's partly due the stress and then probably also due to the cackling hyenas on my floor who shriek like banshees until the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes I wonder where my CA is and why she isn't around to tell them to fuck off and be quiet...but I noticed that she often works the night shift at the front desk so yeah....

I have a LOT to do for the next two weeks and that's why I haven't been updating as much. I've been neglecting my Lolita blog even more than this one and I feel just awful about it, but I don't have the energy to write anything. And I haven't really been keeping up on the lasted Lolita whatsits or dressing up, so I feel like it'd be pointless to post right now. My daily style blog? Ha, shouldn't even exist. I'm lucky if I have enough energy in the morning to throw on jeans and a funky sweater before heading off to class. v_v

I'm so burnt out it's not even funny. 

My only real reprieve from college stress is my plasma pimping on Tuesdays and Thursdays. No seriously, I  get to spend a little over an hour and a half there with a good book and some quiet time. It's lovely. ^_^ If only they'd let me nap or meditate during, then I could just eliminate sleeping at night and work on homework! 

All of my math homework is due this Sunday. I have a book report to write, a final speech to prepare for, an audience analysis paper to pull out of my ass, a resume presentation to whip up, a few more random assignments tossed in and THEN I get to take my final exams. I knew college was going to be difficult, as far as time management was concerned, but if I knew they were going to pile it all on at the end of the semester I would have gotten myself on some anti-anxiety meds or something. 

To add a little cheer to my dreary university life, I decided to snitch a few of my mom's unused xmas decor and spruce up my dorm a bit.


A nice smelling air freshener (Festive Snow), my zombie strawberry plant, and a reindeer made of spruce?


Mr and Mrs Claus, plushy edition!


A cute little light set, shaped like a christmas tree.

It's not much, but it helps a little bit. Turns out that christmas tree light thing is WAY TOO BRIGHT when I'm trying to sleep so sadly I have to un-plug it at night.

Fun little tidbit:

This was my hair last week.

This is my hair this week.

I do not recommend Splat! hair dye unless you want something very, very temporary. And half of it will come out with the initial washing. 

This weekend, I'm going to bleach the rest out, and then go ahead with my half green and half red holiday theme idea. So I have to make a Hot Topic (don't sue me!) run this Friday and see what I can find. Hopefully they'll be carrying the colors I want and not too expensively either. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your finals!! Just think, as soon as you´re done, Christmas, relaxing and sleeping!! Keep your eye on the goal!

    ReplyDelete