Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Splat!

Only a few more days until Halloween and I'm super excited. It's gonna be a great weekend. I'm not really going trick-or-treating or partying or anything of the "normal" things people do for this particular festival, but I AM doing lots of spooky things.

Over the weekend, I intend to spend it cooking and baking delightfully creepy Halloween foods, watching Halloween themed movies and of course, dying my hair purple.



That's the color. I've read some pretty good reviews on this brand so I think I'll give it a go. On Saturday I'm going to bleach my hair out. I'll give it a night to recoup and then put in the dye on Sunday I think. Or I might just do it all in one go. We'll see.

Has anyone else ever used this brand before? What did you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. Hah, that looks pretty familiar ^_^ Can't wait to see the results.

    A lot of people say that the blue dye of this brand didn't hold, but I've only used to Lusty Lavender color so far. The bleach is kind of cheap, but it was able to make my medium brown hair blonde, and the roots white! It all depends on the cleanliness, thinness, and lightness of your hair. I also advise leaving it in a little longer than the package says (it's still a very concentrated dye) and use cold shower water/special "colored hair" conditioner to hold the color longer.

    If you've got short hair like me, I still have 1/3 of a bottle of the stuff left. And I dyed it in late August :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair's just past shoulder length and it's red. I'm hoping the bleach will strip out enough of the red for the color to show up vibrantly. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I know my friend used the red color(bleached her nearly black hair light enough!!)I haven't come across any bad reviews of theirs either. I would've used it if I wasn't too afraid of at home bleaching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little nervous about that too. Last time I had my hair bleached, it was in a salon and only for highlights.

    But since I'm putting a darker color over it, I'm not too worried about the overall results of the bleach. As long as my hair ends up light enough for the purple to show up, I'm quite happy.

    ReplyDelete