Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So I have a confession....

There's only been one day so far I've worn black in college. That was during Orientation, before classes even started. Okay, I admit it. I'm a coward. I'm kind of afraid to go all out with my fashion choices here on campus. I've had a GOOD look at what kind of people I'm dealing with. Blonde bimbos and jocks/bros mostly. I've only met and hung out with like two people who are semi-zany and crazy like me.

I've got this itch to throw something black, lacy, and ripped on. I want to parade about looking scary as hell. I want to FUCKING EXPRESS MYSELF. But like I said, I'm a coward. I'm not so much afraid of the reactions I'll get but that this will end up affecting my performance in class if my classmates won't communicate with me.

I know college is "supposed" to be more liberal and laid back but so far that's not what I'm experiencing. It feels pretty rigid and h i g h s c h o o l like. Which is actually really hard for me to deal with since I've been out of school for so long. I forgot how naive and clique-y people this age could be.

But I'm going to start regardless. I'm going to ease in, I think. Wearing more and more black, darker makeup, accessories, crazy hair, etc. I'll work it in slowly until I feel comfortable and they're reasonably accustomed.

I can't wait to see what reactions I'll get to Lolita.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I'd recommend the easing in. It'll make sure your classmates get to know you first, then realise you're a creepy goth chick. And by then they'll already like you and it'll be too late, hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ See, that's kind of what I was thinking. Letting them get to know the real me instead of judging based solely off clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good suggestion. Easing in helps me.

    Also, if someone does threaten, harass, or hurt you .. surely you know someone that you can report that to, right? Meet some people and hang out in groups, maybe? That's the best I can give as a high school student x-D

    ReplyDelete