Thursday, August 25, 2011

Maybe I'm taking this too personally but....

But I'm really pissed off right now. I just got out of my COLL 150 class (one of these basic freshman orientation type courses we're all required to take) and today it was a "Get to know your fellow Students" period. We played this game called Fortune Cookie. Basically, you write out some kind of silly fortune or prediction on the piece of paper and fold it up. The instructor then collects them all, redistributes them and you get to say your name and read off whatever fortune you got back, plus what you'd do about it.

I swear, I wrote something harmless. Maybe a little traditionally Buddhist, because hey - fortune cookies are associated with crappy Chinese buffets. So sue me.

The fortune I got back, however, was something decidedly spiteful and possibly aimed at me, even it it wasn't that person's intention for me to read it myself.

"Your hair will turn red and you will become a ginger. Also, you will work for the devil because you are his spawn."

So basically, here's me sitting at the table, with my red hair - yes, and my trusty pentacle clasped securely around my neck. I'm reading this thinking...Oh god. I don't even know these people. They don't know me. So....why? It's like fucking high school all over again. Grow up you fucking dweebs, it's time to become tolerant and respectful adults. But I guess maybe it's a little too early for these dumb shits.

Maybe college was a bad idea.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, that's mean. And immature. Not to mention cowardly, because it's something anonymous.

    I'd say more, but if I start, I'll write a very, very angry wall of text... Ugh. Immature pricks.

    ReplyDelete