Friday, July 29, 2011

An ooky-spooky roommate?

Today, when I logged onto my school's e-services page,  I was delighted to discover that I had finally been assigned a roommate. It's only three weeks until I move into my dorm and I was getting antsy, wondering what kind of person I'd be stuck with or if I'd even have time to contact them before we moved in.

I was also wondering if I would start off alone in the room and then be paired up with some idiot kicked out of a different room for being "annoying".

But alas! I have my very own roommate now!

And she's from Malaysia. Yes, you read that correctly. Malaysia. I have an exchange student from Sibu, Malaysia - a small and quaint town who's symbol is the swan and is nicely riddled with food courts, nice shops, and a ton of community flower gardens.



Well, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but it is definitely a step up from the dreaded blonde bimbo fresh out of high school I was expecting. How old is this girl? What's she like? What customs and habits am I going to have to adapt to? It would be really handy to have some quick contact info for her, but there's no phone number or email listed. Only a Malaysian address.

Seeing as there's only three weeks until school starts, I'm not expecting a reply from her. What I am intending to write a letter introducing myself and welcoming her to SCSU and saying that I'd be very happy to help her adjust to live on campus if she needs anything. I don't know how well she speaks English, so this could be one heck of an adventure.

And I'm 100% positive that my spooky self is going to scare the wits out of her at first. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment